To develop the individual and team skills of dedicated soccer players by providing them with excellent coaching and strong competition, and to model respect, personal integrity, teamwork, and sportsmanship in all club activities.
- Summit seeks to support maximum participation and success in the game of soccer throughout the region, and to support each player in achieving his or her full potential. Players are strongly encouraged to participate in their respective high school programs, and are provided with the tools needed to pursue opportunities for continued development and success in college soccer.
- Players will compete and play to win, while demonstrating respect for the game, opponents, officials, and one another.
- Training and competition will serve the ultimate objective of continuous improvement as players, teammates, and people.
Summit FC has adopted the Technical Academy system for player development. All teams participate in competitive soccer against other club teams, but Summit does not measure its success in terms of wins and losses, particularly with younger players. The club’s focus is primarily on individual player development, which is an additive process that progresses generally as follows:
- U10 – focus is on ball skills and instilling a love of the game in our youngest members
- U12 – technical development and effective ball control, the foundation for success at all levels
- U14 – tactical awareness and execution, in small and large group settings
- U16 and above – players learn to apply technical skills and tactics to compete and achieve team success and results
Each year our club hosts a player evaluation/tryout. This gives us a better understanding as to what our numbers are in each age group and gender.
Our goal is to be competitive, but also to find a place for every player, regardless of experience and skill level, so that everyone who joins our program can improve and enjoy the game. We group players according to their ability. We discourage cuts from the program.
There are different levels of competition within the league and/or tournaments in which our teams play. Each team, for league and tournament play, will be placed in a level of competition that is appropriate for its skill level. A player’s age for league/tournament purposes is determined based upon his or her birth year.
Feel free to contact a SFC board member or SFC coach if you have questions.
Practices, leagues and tournaments: Indoor Academy sessions are offered in the fall, winter, and spring. Team practices begin indoors during the winter, and continue through the spring and summer seasons, moving to the Hathaway Fields when weather permits. Click here for more details on club programming and fee information.
Vermont has unlimited soccer potential. At Summit FC, we continue to develop strong soccer players and a strong soccer program in Central and Southern Vermont.
Feel free to contact us anytime.